Time of the season
WEST End productions will sit side by side with celebrity visitors and an inaugural festival in the new season which is about to open at the Alban Arena. From April to June the St Albans theatre will play host to the West End production of Joseph and the
WEST End productions will sit side by side with celebrity visitors and an inaugural festival in the new season which is about to open at the Alban Arena.
From April to June the St Albans theatre will play host to the West End production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, the stage show of Dad's Army, a production of Jacqueline Wilson's Secrets and a visit from Rick Wakeman.
Bill Kenwright's Joseph returns to the Arena for one week only between June 9 and 14. It stars Craig Chalmers from the BBC's Any Dream Will Do.
Before that, between May 21 and 24, there is a chance to see the stage show of Dad's Army which features the episodes lost by the BBC many years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The inaugural Get Rhythm Festival is being held on the weekend of April 5 and 6. A roots and blues festival, it will feature music workshops, a film screening and an acoustic café, as well as headline acts Josh Ritter and Chris Farlowe.
Watershed Productions are following on from the success of staging Jacqueline Wilson's book Midnight by putting on Secrets from April 29 until May 3. It is aimed at children aged nine and above, together with all lovers of Jacqueline Wilson novels.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
In the May school holidays, TV presenter Dave Benson Philips will be presenting the Get Up and Go Show on May 31.
Rick Wakeman puts on a rare live show at the Arena on April 17 with a finale which is expected to be spectacular while Simon Yates will be giving an insight into the challenges of mountaineering in his show Beyond the Void on May 8.
The Arena has teamed up with the Museum of St Albans and their current Crime and Punishment exhibition to present a day of Alfred Hitchcock films on Saturday, May 17. Throughout the day the Arena will screen The Lady Vanishes, Rear Window and Psycho, together with running some activities in the foyer.
The season finishes with the St Albans Festival when the Arena will be hosting a number of shows, including a visit from X-Factor finalists Journey South.
For further information, to buy tickets or request the new season brochure, call the box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk