Tickets on sale for Herts Jazz Festival
- Credit: Archant
Day tickets for the 2014 Herts Jazz Festival in September have gone on sale.
The three headliners at the festival which will run from September 12-14 will be the Big Chris Barber Band, the John Taylor Quartet and Georgie Fame with the Alan Skidmore Quartet.
There are plenty of other big names from British jazz on the programme including Ben Castle, Art Themen, Jean Toussaint, Orphy Robinson & Anthony Kerr, Clark Tracey, James Pearson, JJ Wheeler and more.
The festival takes place at the Herts Jazz Club’s usual location, the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City. It is the fourth festival to be held and will have a similar format to last year’s with free sessions in the foyer during the lunch and dinner breaks and after hours with allocated seating for the first time.
Festival director, Clark Tracey said: “Weekend ticket sales have been very strong and now is the time to release the Saturday and Sunday tickets.”
You may also want to watch:
Weekend tickets are already on sale at £95 (£85 Herts Jazz members, £30 students) and day tickets for Saturday are £50 (£45 members, £15 students) and for Sunday £45 (£40 members, £15 students)
They are on sale via the Festival website www.hertsjazzfestival.co.uk and at the Hawthorne Theatre box office (01707 357117).
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital