Win tickets for Cool Britannia Festival at Knebworth
- Credit: Supplied by Cool Britannia Noble
The 90s Britpop era will be celebrated at a new music festival coming to Knebworth Park this summer – and you could be there for the weekend if you win our great Cool Britannia ticket competition.
The inaugural Cool Britannia Festival will take place in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, August 31 to Sunday, September 2.
Happy Mondays will headline the Saturday night at the Hertfordshire rock venue, with support from the likes of Buck Rogers band Feeder.
Also down to play are the Lightning Seeds, former Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook & The Light, Dodgy, Toploader and Britpop Classical, which will feature a full orchestra together with rock band and guest soloists.
Shaun Ryder’s Madchester heroes are best known for top five hit singles Step On and Kinky Afro from seminal 1990 album Pills ‘n’ Thrills and Bellyaches.
You may also want to watch:
The Riverboat Song and The Day We Caught The Train stars Ocean Colour Scene top the Cool Britannia bill on the Sunday night.
There will also be sets from West Yorkshire’s finest Embrace, who recently returned to the UK top five with new album Love is a Basic Need, Razorlight, who topped the UK singles charts with hit America, and Cast.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
M People singer Heather Small, Space and The South, who feature former members of The Beautiful South, will also appear.
Trailblazing dance music brand Ministry of Sound will be running things in The Big Top over the weekend, with leading DJs from the era playing sets and club classic PAs from the likes of Black Box, Rozalla and N-Trance.
We have teamed up with Cool Britannia promoters for a competition to win a pair of weekend tickets to the festival.
To stand a chance of winning the tickets, answer the question below and follow the entry instructions.
Razorlight topped the UK singles charts with which song?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Razor’ in the subject times.
Please include your name, age, address and contact number.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Wednesday, April 25.
Normal Archant competition rules apply.