Win tickets for Cool Britannia Festival at Knebworth
- Credit: Supplied by Cool Britannia Noble
The 90s Britpop era will be celebrated at a new music festival coming to Knebworth Park this summer – and you could be there for the weekend if you win our great Cool Britannia ticket competition.
The inaugural Cool Britannia Festival will take place in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, August 31 to Sunday, September 2.
Happy Mondays will headline the Saturday night at the Hertfordshire rock venue, with support from the likes of Buck Rogers band Feeder.
Also down to play are the Lightning Seeds, former Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook & The Light, Dodgy, Toploader and Britpop Classical, which will feature a full orchestra together with rock band and guest soloists.
Shaun Ryder’s Madchester heroes are best known for top five hit singles Step On and Kinky Afro from seminal 1990 album Pills ‘n’ Thrills and Bellyaches.
The Riverboat Song and The Day We Caught The Train stars Ocean Colour Scene top the Cool Britannia bill on the Sunday night.
There will also be sets from West Yorkshire’s finest Embrace, who recently returned to the UK top five with new album Love is a Basic Need, Razorlight, who topped the UK singles charts with hit America, and Cast.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
M People singer Heather Small, Space and The South, who feature former members of The Beautiful South, will also appear.
Trailblazing dance music brand Ministry of Sound will be running things in The Big Top over the weekend, with leading DJs from the era playing sets and club classic PAs from the likes of Black Box, Rozalla and N-Trance.
We have teamed up with Cool Britannia promoters for a competition to win a pair of weekend tickets to the festival.
To stand a chance of winning the tickets, answer the question below and follow the entry instructions.
Razorlight topped the UK singles charts with which song?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Razor’ in the subject times.
Please include your name, age, address and contact number.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Wednesday, April 25.
Normal Archant competition rules apply.