Three gigs for St Albans’ Fansofstan
- Credit: Archant
The loss of their eponymous jazz hero, Stan Tracey, has not stopped Fansofstan in their tracks.
In fact, in tribute to the late jazz pianist, Fansofstan is flooding the beginning of its 2014 season at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans, with a wealth of piano music.
Jazz Pianists Spring is a special trilogy running from February till April, featuring the work of three top pianists and their bands.
First up next Saturday, February 22, is The Leon Greening Trio, in a gig which begins at 8pm.
Leeds and Guidhall-trained Leon plays with calm intensity and intelligence and is a favoured sideman in many UK bands. He is joined by up-and-coming bassist Adam King and drummer Steve Brown. Tickets are £12.50.
You may also want to watch:
Next month David Newton, who has won multiple awards on the British jazz scene, will be playing at 8pm on Saturday, March 29 and the jazz trilogy ends at 8pm on Saturday, April 26, with an appearance by Reuben James.
Tickets for all gigs can be obtained online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo (small booking fee applies), by telephone on 0844 8700 887 or in person at the Tourist and Information Centre, Market Place, St Albans.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans