Three gigs for St Albans’ Fansofstan
- Credit: Archant
The loss of their eponymous jazz hero, Stan Tracey, has not stopped Fansofstan in their tracks.
In fact, in tribute to the late jazz pianist, Fansofstan is flooding the beginning of its 2014 season at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans, with a wealth of piano music.
Jazz Pianists Spring is a special trilogy running from February till April, featuring the work of three top pianists and their bands.
First up next Saturday, February 22, is The Leon Greening Trio, in a gig which begins at 8pm.
Leeds and Guidhall-trained Leon plays with calm intensity and intelligence and is a favoured sideman in many UK bands. He is joined by up-and-coming bassist Adam King and drummer Steve Brown. Tickets are £12.50.
You may also want to watch:
Next month David Newton, who has won multiple awards on the British jazz scene, will be playing at 8pm on Saturday, March 29 and the jazz trilogy ends at 8pm on Saturday, April 26, with an appearance by Reuben James.
Tickets for all gigs can be obtained online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo (small booking fee applies), by telephone on 0844 8700 887 or in person at the Tourist and Information Centre, Market Place, St Albans.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans