Thoroughly Modern Millie for St Albans Operatic Society
FRESH from wowing audiences in the West End and Broadway in recent years, Thoroughly Modern Millie is being performed at the Alban Arena next week.
St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is putting the final touches to the show which runs from next Tuesday, November 8, until Saturday, November 12.
Set in 1920s Manhattan, it is the era when short-skirted bobbed-hair flappers could easily find themselves in illicit speakeasy drinking clubs or even embroiled in an international slave-trade operation.
Though based on the 1967 film starring Julie Andrews, the new musical stage version is almost unrecognisable with its upbeat score and well-written and often comic dialogue.
SAOS has been performing in St Albans, mainly at the Arena, for over half a century and boasts a healthy balance of performing talent and administrative know-how as well as a good spread across the generations.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of Thoroughly Modern Millie start at 7.45pm and there is a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday. Tickets priced from �10 are available from the box office on 01727 844488.
For more information on SAOS go to www.saos.org.uk
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden