Thoroughly modern Mikado at Radlett Centre
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS – Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado. The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan s much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard ver
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS - Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado.
The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan's much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard version and to those who appreciate an updated and more modern approach.
The musical score contains all the well-known songs but this time presented with a venture into the world of jazz, gospel and blues singing.
Updated to the 1940s, the show reflects the style of the Cotton Club and the costumes are the racy colours of America with zoot suits, snoods, wedgies and felt hats.
The dancing also uses the Lindy Hop, Jitterbug and other 1940s dances.
Hot Mikado, performed by the former Elstree and Borehamwood Light Operatic Society, runs from 7.45pm next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
Tickets are �12 with concessions �10, available from the Radlett Centre on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk