Thoroughly modern Mikado at Radlett Centre
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS – Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado. The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan s much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard ver
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS - Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado.
The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan's much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard version and to those who appreciate an updated and more modern approach.
The musical score contains all the well-known songs but this time presented with a venture into the world of jazz, gospel and blues singing.
Updated to the 1940s, the show reflects the style of the Cotton Club and the costumes are the racy colours of America with zoot suits, snoods, wedgies and felt hats.
You may also want to watch:
The dancing also uses the Lindy Hop, Jitterbug and other 1940s dances.
Hot Mikado, performed by the former Elstree and Borehamwood Light Operatic Society, runs from 7.45pm next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Tickets are �12 with concessions �10, available from the Radlett Centre on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk