Thoroughly modern Mikado at Radlett Centre
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS – Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado. The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan s much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard ver
IT will be hot, hot, hot at the Radlett Centre next week when EBLOS - Musical Theatre puts on The Hot Mikado.
The show is a rewritten version of Gilbert and Sullivan's much-loved production of Mikado, intended to appeal to those who love the standard version and to those who appreciate an updated and more modern approach.
The musical score contains all the well-known songs but this time presented with a venture into the world of jazz, gospel and blues singing.
Updated to the 1940s, the show reflects the style of the Cotton Club and the costumes are the racy colours of America with zoot suits, snoods, wedgies and felt hats.
The dancing also uses the Lindy Hop, Jitterbug and other 1940s dances.
Hot Mikado, performed by the former Elstree and Borehamwood Light Operatic Society, runs from 7.45pm next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 8 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 9 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Tickets are �12 with concessions �10, available from the Radlett Centre on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk