Thomas Trotter for St Albans International Organ Festival
- Credit: Archant
The next concert in the St Albans International Organ Festival series is switching from the city to Haileybury College in Hertford.
One of Britain’s most highly-regarded organists Thomas Trotter will be performing a varied programme of music including works by Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Elgar at the concert in the school chapel from 5.30pm next Saturday, February 22.
A former winner of the St Albans Organ Competition, Thomas is the only organist to be a recipient of the Royal Philharmonic Society’s prestigious Instrumentalist Award and he won the International Performer of the Year Award in 2012 given by the New York City Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
He has been city organist in Birmingham since 1983 and is also organist at St Margaret’s Church, Westminster Abbey and resident organist of the Klais organ at Birmingham Symphony Hall.
A celebrated recitalist, who has appeared at Salzburg, Berlin, Vienna and Edinburgh Festivals as well as the BBC Proms, he will be performing on another Klais organ at Haileybury College.
You may also want to watch:
The concert opens with J S Bach’s Toccata, Adagio and Fugue BWV564 and ends with Elgar’s Imperial March. Thomas will also play Judith Weir’s Ettrick Banks and the suite Laudate Dominum by the Festival Society’s founder and president, Peter Hurford.
Admission to the concert is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Full details of all the concerts in the 2013-2014 series can be found at www.organfestival.com