Thirteen feet of singers hit the charity heights
- Credit: Archant
GP and patron of Home-Start, Julian Godlee, is joining forces with fellow St Albans musician Kevin O’Donnell for a concert to raise money for the beleagured charity.
It is being held at 7.30pm next Saturday, September 26, at the Assembly Rooms in St Albans Town Hall.
The concert is entitled Thirteen Foot of Singer - reflecting the combined height of the two men - and is a light-hearted evening of jazz, classics and songs from the musicals.
Julian is the senior GP partner at The Maltings Surgery in St Albans and as a patron of Home-Start is putting on the concert for the charity which has had its seed funding removed by the county council.
Home-Start St Albans and Harpenden provides volunteer helpers for families in distress with a child under five years.
You may also want to watch:
Bass Julian and baritone Kevin will be joined by pianists Cynthia O’Donnell and Nigel Yandell for the evening where seating will be at round cabaret tables and there will be a licensed bar.
Tickets are £16, available online here.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works