Thin Ice and swamp Juice at Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
A WARTIME thriller and love story which explores how people find courage in the face of adversity is being performed at the Trestle Arts Base in St Albans next Saturday, June 16.
Thin Ice is being staged by Total Theatre Award nominees Shams following a UK sell-out tour of Reykjavik.
Set in Greenland in May 1940, Daniel freezes to death as he is cut off from civilisation and surrounded by ice in a tiny hut.
Richard and Laura arrive too late to save him but as the body thaws, secrets surface which threaten their marriage, beliefs and ultimately survival.
Through sound, light and video as well as performance, Thin Ice keeps audiences guessing until the end.
It starts at 7.30pm at the arts base in Russet Drive and tickets are �12/�10 and �40 for four, available from the box office on 01727 850950 or www.allaboutstalbans.com
Something different for Father’s Day is planned at the arts base next Sunday, June 17, with Swamp Juice, a shadow puppet menagerie with a 3D finale.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
The swamp in question is like no other with bickering snails, opera singing mice and a rather spineless swamp monster.
Using shadow puppetry and bits of rubbish, Jeff Achtem, who devised and performs the show, puts on a performance geared at children aged seven upwards.
Tickets are �10/�8 and �32 for a family of four.