Thierry Escaich performing for St Albans International Organ Festival
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed composer, organist and improviser Thierry Escaich, is giving the next concert in a current series.
He will be performing music by JS Bach, Brahms, Durufle, Vierne and his own compositions at the International Organ Festival Society’s concert in St Albans Abbey next Saturday, January 21.
Thierry tours as a performing artist combining a large repertoire with his own works and improvisations. To date he has written more than 100 works for which he has won the Prix des Lyceens, the Grand Prix de la Musique Symphonique and on three occasions, the Victoires de la Musique.
Most recently he wrote a ballet for the New York City Ballet which premiered in May 2010 and took up a position as associated composer with the Ensemble Orchestral de Paris in September 2011.
Entrance to the concert, which begins at 5.30pm, is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. Afterwards the audience will have a chance to meet Thierry.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of all concerts in the 2011/12 series can be found at organfestival.com
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common