Thierry Escaich performing for St Albans International Organ Festival
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed composer, organist and improviser Thierry Escaich, is giving the next concert in a current series.
He will be performing music by JS Bach, Brahms, Durufle, Vierne and his own compositions at the International Organ Festival Society’s concert in St Albans Abbey next Saturday, January 21.
Thierry tours as a performing artist combining a large repertoire with his own works and improvisations. To date he has written more than 100 works for which he has won the Prix des Lyceens, the Grand Prix de la Musique Symphonique and on three occasions, the Victoires de la Musique.
Most recently he wrote a ballet for the New York City Ballet which premiered in May 2010 and took up a position as associated composer with the Ensemble Orchestral de Paris in September 2011.
Entrance to the concert, which begins at 5.30pm, is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. Afterwards the audience will have a chance to meet Thierry.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of all concerts in the 2011/12 series can be found at organfestival.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book