The Tuesday Club at The White Hart Tap, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
EIGHT piece band The Tuesday Club are playing a one-off gig at the White Hart Tap in Keyfield Terrace, St Albans, on Saturday.
Fronted by Andreas Vanderbraindrain, The Tuesday Club have a handful of gigs under their belts and could be described as a new band except that they were born at various junctures between 1957 and 1984.
Andreas said: “It’s all about the music; we are deadly serious about our commitment to each other but that certainly doesn’t mean we can’t do it with a smile.”
The band, which plays from 8.30pm, has a look and style that falls somewhere between The Rocky Horror Show, Oh Boy!, Carry on Screaming and Dad’s Army. They feature six-foot chanteuse The Minx who stalks the stage in various uniforms, seamed stockings and tonking a cowbell.
The Tuesday Club have recently featured on Dial M for Music on Sky TV and have been playing the London club scene since the summer with a four-month headlining residency at the Half Moon, Putney.
You may also want to watch:
The White Hart Tap gig is free.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award