The Tuesday Club at The White Hart Tap, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
EIGHT piece band The Tuesday Club are playing a one-off gig at the White Hart Tap in Keyfield Terrace, St Albans, on Saturday.
Fronted by Andreas Vanderbraindrain, The Tuesday Club have a handful of gigs under their belts and could be described as a new band except that they were born at various junctures between 1957 and 1984.
Andreas said: “It’s all about the music; we are deadly serious about our commitment to each other but that certainly doesn’t mean we can’t do it with a smile.”
The band, which plays from 8.30pm, has a look and style that falls somewhere between The Rocky Horror Show, Oh Boy!, Carry on Screaming and Dad’s Army. They feature six-foot chanteuse The Minx who stalks the stage in various uniforms, seamed stockings and tonking a cowbell.
The Tuesday Club have recently featured on Dial M for Music on Sky TV and have been playing the London club scene since the summer with a four-month headlining residency at the Half Moon, Putney.
You may also want to watch:
The White Hart Tap gig is free.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre