The Tuesday Club at The White Hart Tap, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
EIGHT piece band The Tuesday Club are playing a one-off gig at the White Hart Tap in Keyfield Terrace, St Albans, on Saturday.
Fronted by Andreas Vanderbraindrain, The Tuesday Club have a handful of gigs under their belts and could be described as a new band except that they were born at various junctures between 1957 and 1984.
Andreas said: “It’s all about the music; we are deadly serious about our commitment to each other but that certainly doesn’t mean we can’t do it with a smile.”
The band, which plays from 8.30pm, has a look and style that falls somewhere between The Rocky Horror Show, Oh Boy!, Carry on Screaming and Dad’s Army. They feature six-foot chanteuse The Minx who stalks the stage in various uniforms, seamed stockings and tonking a cowbell.
The Tuesday Club have recently featured on Dial M for Music on Sky TV and have been playing the London club scene since the summer with a four-month headlining residency at the Half Moon, Putney.
The White Hart Tap gig is free.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group