The Tempest for Company of Teens at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A TEMPEST is set to blow through the Abbey Theatre in St Albans next week when the Company of Teens puts on a popular Shakespeare play.
The Company of Ten’s youth section is performing The Tempest next Wednesday and Thursday, July 17 and 18, and the youth group will be giving it new tension by changing some of the traditionally male roles into female roles.
Set on a small island, after an initial shipwreck, the characters embark on a journey of discovery while being magically manipulated by Prospera and her spirits until the final dénouement.
The Company of Teens meets every Thursday evening during term time and is open to anyone aged between 14 and 19.
The aim of the group is to give members an all-round theatrical training. Regular sessions include physical theatre, street dance, stage combat, lighting, stage make-up and vocal projection.
You may also want to watch:
The Teens perform one production at the Abbey Theatre every year and they are also members of the Company of Ten, so they are eligible to audition for suitable parts in the company’s main season.
The group has also taken part in the Welwyn Youth Drama Festival for the past two years.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Performances of The Tempest begin at 8pm on both nights and to book tickets go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.