The Tempest for Company of Teens at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A TEMPEST is set to blow through the Abbey Theatre in St Albans next week when the Company of Teens puts on a popular Shakespeare play.
The Company of Ten’s youth section is performing The Tempest next Wednesday and Thursday, July 17 and 18, and the youth group will be giving it new tension by changing some of the traditionally male roles into female roles.
Set on a small island, after an initial shipwreck, the characters embark on a journey of discovery while being magically manipulated by Prospera and her spirits until the final dénouement.
The Company of Teens meets every Thursday evening during term time and is open to anyone aged between 14 and 19.
The aim of the group is to give members an all-round theatrical training. Regular sessions include physical theatre, street dance, stage combat, lighting, stage make-up and vocal projection.
You may also want to watch:
The Teens perform one production at the Abbey Theatre every year and they are also members of the Company of Ten, so they are eligible to audition for suitable parts in the company’s main season.
The group has also taken part in the Welwyn Youth Drama Festival for the past two years.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 6 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 9 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
Performances of The Tempest begin at 8pm on both nights and to book tickets go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.