The Swinging Blue Jeans at Harpenden Public Halls
TOP sixties band, The Swinging Blue Jeans, are appearing at Harpenden Public Halls tomorrow night (Friday).
Still featuring stalwarts Alan Lovell on lead vocals/lead guitar and Pete Oakman, bass/vocals, who were with the group on the Solid Silver 60s tour last year, the band stormed the charts in 1963 with Hippy Hippy Shake going to number one in many countries.
Other major hits included Good Golly Miss Molly, You’re No Good, It’s Too Late Now and Don’t Make Me Over.
The band also serve up a taste of Joe Brown and The Bruvvers because Pete was the leader of The Bruvvers and wrote Joe’s number one A Picture of You.
The other two Swinging Blue Jeans are Jeff Bannister on keyboards/vocals and Graham Hollingworth on drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �16.50 with concessions �14.50, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'