The Swinging Blue Jeans at Harpenden Public Halls
TOP sixties band, The Swinging Blue Jeans, are appearing at Harpenden Public Halls tomorrow night (Friday).
Still featuring stalwarts Alan Lovell on lead vocals/lead guitar and Pete Oakman, bass/vocals, who were with the group on the Solid Silver 60s tour last year, the band stormed the charts in 1963 with Hippy Hippy Shake going to number one in many countries.
Other major hits included Good Golly Miss Molly, You’re No Good, It’s Too Late Now and Don’t Make Me Over.
The band also serve up a taste of Joe Brown and The Bruvvers because Pete was the leader of The Bruvvers and wrote Joe’s number one A Picture of You.
The other two Swinging Blue Jeans are Jeff Bannister on keyboards/vocals and Graham Hollingworth on drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �16.50 with concessions �14.50, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty