The Sound of Music greets shoppers at St Albans market
A BUSY Saturday on St Albans market came to life for shoppers when they were greeted with the strains of The Sound of Music.
Members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) performed songs from the show on the Town Hall balcony and mingled with shoppers to publicise their production of the musical which will be staged at the Alban Arena in early May.
After bring Broadway to St Albans with Thoroughly Modern Millie last Autumn, SAOS is putting on The Sound of Music from Monday, April 30, to Saturday, May 5.
One of the most popular musicals of all time, The Sound of Music features such songs as Climb Every Mountain and Sixteen Going On Seventeen.
SAOS has a reputation for putting on large-scale shows like Jesus Christ Superstar and The King & I and The Sound of Music is one of the biggest yet.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of The Sound of Music are at 7.30pm each evening and with 2pm matinees on Wednesday, April 2, and Saturday, May 5. Tickets are available online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans