The Sound of Music greets shoppers at St Albans market
A BUSY Saturday on St Albans market came to life for shoppers when they were greeted with the strains of The Sound of Music.
Members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) performed songs from the show on the Town Hall balcony and mingled with shoppers to publicise their production of the musical which will be staged at the Alban Arena in early May.
After bring Broadway to St Albans with Thoroughly Modern Millie last Autumn, SAOS is putting on The Sound of Music from Monday, April 30, to Saturday, May 5.
One of the most popular musicals of all time, The Sound of Music features such songs as Climb Every Mountain and Sixteen Going On Seventeen.
SAOS has a reputation for putting on large-scale shows like Jesus Christ Superstar and The King & I and The Sound of Music is one of the biggest yet.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of The Sound of Music are at 7.30pm each evening and with 2pm matinees on Wednesday, April 2, and Saturday, May 5. Tickets are available online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book