The rumours are true - Graham Parker playing at Harpenden Public Halls
- Credit: Archant
English singer-songwriter Graham Parker, best known as the lead singer of the band Graham Parker & the Rumour, is playing at Harpenden Public Halls next Saturday, September 24.
He will be joined by guitarist Brinsley Schwarz with whom he has worked since 1975 when they first met and rehearsed together in the band.
Graham Parker & the Rumour preceded punk rock and new wave music and Graham’s blue-collar image is often said to have influenced such musicians as Elvis Costello, Paul Weller and Joe Jackson.
Brinsley has has often accompanied Graham on post-Rumour records and tours and recently joined him onstage as a duo playing songs from all areas of the latter’s career. They play songs from early Rumour albums, Graham’s solo career and the present day with tunes from the two latest Rumour reunion albums, Three Chords Good and Mystery Glue.
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £20 in advance from the box office on 01582 767525 .
You may also want to watch:
* Bootleg Bee Gees will be performing all the great hits of the Gibb brothers when they appear at Harpenden Public Halls at 7.30pm next Friday, September 23.
The set will range from Stayin Alive, Night Fever, Jive Talkin’ and You Should Be Dancing to songs made famous by other artists including Chain Reaction, Islands In The Stream and Tragedy.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Tickets are £17.50.