The pipes are calling for concertina virtuouso Alistair at folk club
- Credit: Archant
Concertina and Northumbrian pipes virtuoso Alistair Anderson will be playing in concert at Folk at The Maltings next Saturday, April 11.
The next day, he will be acting as a judge in the annual New Roots event for young musicians at the Trestle Arts Base, also in St Albans. Alistair plays traditional music from Northumberland and beyond, as well as his own music.
He has toured extensively as a soloist, with 37 tours of the USA, 5 trips to Australia and countless European tours to his credit.
At the Maltings concert, which starts at 8pm, he will be supported by Laura Victoria and New Roots finalists Tom and Jessica Dalton.
Folk pop singer/ songwriter/cellist Laura Victoria performs original and traditional songs of love and life, accompanied by herself on the cello.
Singing duo Tom and Jessica Dalton were New Roots finalists in 2011, 2012 and 2014 and are now based in Birmingham. Both are classically trained singers and have sung a variety of roles in opera and operetta and with several choirs.
Tickets are £10, students £8, Under 16 £6, available on the door or in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0333 666 3366 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
Further information can be found at www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email email@example.com.