The pipes are calling for concertina virtuouso Alistair at folk club
- Credit: Archant
Concertina and Northumbrian pipes virtuoso Alistair Anderson will be playing in concert at Folk at The Maltings next Saturday, April 11.
The next day, he will be acting as a judge in the annual New Roots event for young musicians at the Trestle Arts Base, also in St Albans. Alistair plays traditional music from Northumberland and beyond, as well as his own music.
He has toured extensively as a soloist, with 37 tours of the USA, 5 trips to Australia and countless European tours to his credit.
At the Maltings concert, which starts at 8pm, he will be supported by Laura Victoria and New Roots finalists Tom and Jessica Dalton.
Folk pop singer/ songwriter/cellist Laura Victoria performs original and traditional songs of love and life, accompanied by herself on the cello.
You may also want to watch:
Singing duo Tom and Jessica Dalton were New Roots finalists in 2011, 2012 and 2014 and are now based in Birmingham. Both are classically trained singers and have sung a variety of roles in opera and operetta and with several choirs.
Tickets are £10, students £8, Under 16 £6, available on the door or in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0333 666 3366 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Further information can be found at www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.