The pipes are calling for concertina virtuouso Alistair at folk club
- Credit: Archant
Concertina and Northumbrian pipes virtuoso Alistair Anderson will be playing in concert at Folk at The Maltings next Saturday, April 11.
The next day, he will be acting as a judge in the annual New Roots event for young musicians at the Trestle Arts Base, also in St Albans. Alistair plays traditional music from Northumberland and beyond, as well as his own music.
He has toured extensively as a soloist, with 37 tours of the USA, 5 trips to Australia and countless European tours to his credit.
At the Maltings concert, which starts at 8pm, he will be supported by Laura Victoria and New Roots finalists Tom and Jessica Dalton.
Folk pop singer/ songwriter/cellist Laura Victoria performs original and traditional songs of love and life, accompanied by herself on the cello.
You may also want to watch:
Singing duo Tom and Jessica Dalton were New Roots finalists in 2011, 2012 and 2014 and are now based in Birmingham. Both are classically trained singers and have sung a variety of roles in opera and operetta and with several choirs.
Tickets are £10, students £8, Under 16 £6, available on the door or in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0333 666 3366 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Further information can be found at www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.