The old and the new
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict Format: Nintendo DS Price: £29.99 Advance Wars is a turn-based tactics game which is part of the long-running Nintendo Wars series. At a very basic level the object of the game is to take your team s army and defeat the enemy t
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
Format: Nintendo DS
Advance Wars is a turn-based tactics game which is part of the long-running Nintendo Wars series. At a very basic level the object of the game is to take your team's army and defeat the enemy team's army. It may sound like a very old and worn-out concept but it's accomplished in a way which makes it seem like a fresh idea.
You may also want to watch:
There's an underlying plot involving a planet devastated by meteor showers and a band of survivors teaming up to save humanity which surprisingly does a good job of keeping you interested, even when the gameplay begins to become repetitive.
The gameplay itself will feel very familiar to anyone who has played risk and there is a distinct feeling of chance when you engage in a battle against an enemy of similar size. That said, if you are a fan of the series you will be pleased to know that there are more army details than ever before giving the game a much more tactical feel than expected.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
This however is not the most important element of Advance Wars. This is the one of the best examples of the Nintendo Wireless gaming ability and allows you to have discreet battles against multiple human players. Dark Conflict is essentially an old concept that has been adapted well to new technology and it has left us with a pretty decent game that is worth a look for anyone getting bored with platform games or Brain Training.
ä Graphics: 4/5
ä Longevity: 4.5/5
ä Playability: 4/5
ä Originality: 2.5/5
ä Enjoyment: 3.5/5