Enchanting Nutcracker ballet coming to St Albans
- Credit: Supplied by Alban Arena
An enchanting Christmas treat is coming to the stage in St Albans this weekend.
Be swept away on a magical adventure in one of the most famous classical ballets of all time – The Nutcracker.
You can see it at The Alban Arena on Saturday, November 24 at 2.30pm.
Returning by popular demand, Vienna Festival Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker promises to delight audiences of all ages with its festive setting and light-hearted story.
With its combination of enchanting choreography and unforgettable music, this fabulous ballet is a Christmas treat.
Set to Tchaikovsky’s sumptuous score, the traditional tale of The Nutcracker tells the story of Clara and her enchanted nutcracker doll.
Their adventures see Clara and the Nutcracker combat the Mouse King, and join the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier on a wonderful journey through the glistening Land of Snow to a kingdom made entirely of sweets.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 4 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 5 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 6 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Tortoise writer Ian Brown blows in for book signing at St Albans Waterstones
- 9 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 10 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
Tickets cost £24, £21 and £16 and there is limited availability.
• To book tickets, visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.