The Mikado at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
AFTER performing in a cow shed and on a pond, an opera company is sailing into the calmer waters of the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, December 8.
Opera Anywhere is putting on the Gilbert & Sullivan classic, The Mikado, at the theatre from 7.30pm.
Director Mike Woodward said that after performing in so many unusual venues recently, the company was looking forward to the comfort of the St Albans theatre.
He went on: “Gilbert & Sullivan fans will know popular numbers from The Mikado such as A Wandering Minstrel I and Three little Maids from School are we but perhaps the most popular aria amongst G&S fans will be The Sun whose Rays are all Ablaze with Ever Living Glory, sung by welsh soprano Myvanwy Bentall.”
Opera Anywhere is in its 12th year of touring productions and The Mikado includes a cast of young professional singers and is accompanied on piano and flute.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices are �15 and �5 for under 18s, available online from www.Ticketsource.co.uk/OperaAnywhere or the box office on 0844 8700 887/01865 735910.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award