The Mikado at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
AFTER performing in a cow shed and on a pond, an opera company is sailing into the calmer waters of the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, December 8.
Opera Anywhere is putting on the Gilbert & Sullivan classic, The Mikado, at the theatre from 7.30pm.
Director Mike Woodward said that after performing in so many unusual venues recently, the company was looking forward to the comfort of the St Albans theatre.
He went on: “Gilbert & Sullivan fans will know popular numbers from The Mikado such as A Wandering Minstrel I and Three little Maids from School are we but perhaps the most popular aria amongst G&S fans will be The Sun whose Rays are all Ablaze with Ever Living Glory, sung by welsh soprano Myvanwy Bentall.”
Opera Anywhere is in its 12th year of touring productions and The Mikado includes a cast of young professional singers and is accompanied on piano and flute.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices are �15 and �5 for under 18s, available online from www.Ticketsource.co.uk/OperaAnywhere or the box office on 0844 8700 887/01865 735910.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans