The Man With The Luggage at the Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
ANOTHER chance to see a play inspired by an absurdist piece by Ionesco is on offer in St Albans next week.
Trestle Theatre Company, which is based in Russet Drive, is collaborating with Oliver Jones, the director of emerging company Blindeye on The Man With The Luggage written by Lizzie Nunnery.
Four more performances of the play, which was previewed in St Albans last month before going on tour, can be seen at 7.30pm from next Thursday to Saturday, October 21-23, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday,
The inspiration came from the Eugene Ionesco play of the same name and draws on the theme and atmosphere of the original piece but fused with contemporary stories of migration and repatriation set within an imagined European state.
The story traces a man’s journey home after becoming a refugee during a war in his homeland who finds himself forced to take any means of transport available from a bus to a motorbike, side-car and solitary roller skate.
You may also want to watch:
Through the people he meets along the way, he discovers the true horrors of the last decade and the divides that are still apparent between different people and neighbouring communities.
The Man With The Luggage is suitable for those aged 12 upwards and tickets are �11 with concessions �9 and a family ticket �36, available via the website www.trestle.org.uk or the box office on 01727 850950.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism