The Man With The Luggage at the Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
ANOTHER chance to see a play inspired by an absurdist piece by Ionesco is on offer in St Albans next week.
Trestle Theatre Company, which is based in Russet Drive, is collaborating with Oliver Jones, the director of emerging company Blindeye on The Man With The Luggage written by Lizzie Nunnery.
Four more performances of the play, which was previewed in St Albans last month before going on tour, can be seen at 7.30pm from next Thursday to Saturday, October 21-23, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday,
The inspiration came from the Eugene Ionesco play of the same name and draws on the theme and atmosphere of the original piece but fused with contemporary stories of migration and repatriation set within an imagined European state.
The story traces a man’s journey home after becoming a refugee during a war in his homeland who finds himself forced to take any means of transport available from a bus to a motorbike, side-car and solitary roller skate.
Through the people he meets along the way, he discovers the true horrors of the last decade and the divides that are still apparent between different people and neighbouring communities.
The Man With The Luggage is suitable for those aged 12 upwards and tickets are �11 with concessions �9 and a family ticket �36, available via the website www.trestle.org.uk or the box office on 01727 850950.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023