The Maida Vales at The Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Local songwriter and musician Paul Littler is set to take to the stage at The Horn in St Albans with his newly-formed group The Maida Vales.
The band, comprising Paul, Jo Abraso, Matteo Cervillin and Arturs Reirs, are playing the music pub next Saturday, March 1.
Derived from the UK, Italy and Latvia, the band gets musical inspiration from around the world and inner city life as well as St Albans.
They favour the more eccentric tones and feelgood numbers of the early Stones and Kinks, ska skanking Upsetters and the more modern Dandy Warhols and onstage madness of The Libertines.
Paul has worked alongside big music names and TV advertising companies to produce songs for big brands such as Coca Cola and Terrence Conran Furniture. His commercial song for Sprite has received over three million hits to date and is still climbing on YouTube.
You may also want to watch:
The Maida Vales will be touring this summer across the UK and Europe.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared