The Maida Vales at The Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Local songwriter and musician Paul Littler is set to take to the stage at The Horn in St Albans with his newly-formed group The Maida Vales.
The band, comprising Paul, Jo Abraso, Matteo Cervillin and Arturs Reirs, are playing the music pub next Saturday, March 1.
Derived from the UK, Italy and Latvia, the band gets musical inspiration from around the world and inner city life as well as St Albans.
They favour the more eccentric tones and feelgood numbers of the early Stones and Kinks, ska skanking Upsetters and the more modern Dandy Warhols and onstage madness of The Libertines.
Paul has worked alongside big music names and TV advertising companies to produce songs for big brands such as Coca Cola and Terrence Conran Furniture. His commercial song for Sprite has received over three million hits to date and is still climbing on YouTube.
You may also want to watch:
The Maida Vales will be touring this summer across the UK and Europe.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved