Dirty Dancing set for Harpenden Common as outdoor cinema comes to town
- Credit: Archant
Outdoor cinema under the stars will come to Harpenden in May with Dirty Dancing and more set for the Common.
The Luna Cinema, the country’s biggest open-air cinema company, will be screening three films on Harpenden Common for the first time this year as part of its just announced 10th anniversary 2018 season.
Audiences in Harpenden will be able to see movies The Greatest Showman, Dirty Dancing and Top Gun on the big screen in May.
Hugh Jackman’s smash hit musical The Greatest Showman (PG) will kick-off three nights of outdoor cinema in the town on Friday, May 18.
The Luna screen will be located on the Common, adjacent to the cricket club and in front of the ponds.
Doors will open at 8pm with the film starting around 9.30pm.
Nobody will be putting Baby in the corner of Harpenden Common the following night.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Fans of Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey will be having the time of their lives when romantic drama Dirty Dancing (12A) is screened on Saturday, May 19.
If you feel the need, the need for speed, Tom Cruise action flick Top Gun (12A) will be the big screen entertainment on Sunday, May 20.
The Luna Bar with sponsors Estrella Damm will be on-site on all three nights serving a full selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including Estrella beer, Prosecco, a selection of Casillero del Diablo wines, spirits and soft drinks.
Hot drinks will also be available at the bar. Food will be available from Luna Cinema’s gourmet partners.
Pre-sale tickets are on sale now before the public sale opens at 10am on Friday, March 23.
General admission tickets cost £15 and child admission (three to 15 years) £10.
Premium tickets are available at all screenings, which include a branded director’s chair in a prime position in the arena, fast track access and a complimentary drink at the Luna Bar.
• To book tickets and for more information visit www.thelunacinema.com