Dirty Dancing set for Harpenden Common as outdoor cinema comes to town
- Credit: Archant
Outdoor cinema under the stars will come to Harpenden in May with Dirty Dancing and more set for the Common.
The Luna Cinema, the country’s biggest open-air cinema company, will be screening three films on Harpenden Common for the first time this year as part of its just announced 10th anniversary 2018 season.
Audiences in Harpenden will be able to see movies The Greatest Showman, Dirty Dancing and Top Gun on the big screen in May.
Hugh Jackman’s smash hit musical The Greatest Showman (PG) will kick-off three nights of outdoor cinema in the town on Friday, May 18.
The Luna screen will be located on the Common, adjacent to the cricket club and in front of the ponds.
You may also want to watch:
Doors will open at 8pm with the film starting around 9.30pm.
Nobody will be putting Baby in the corner of Harpenden Common the following night.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
Fans of Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey will be having the time of their lives when romantic drama Dirty Dancing (12A) is screened on Saturday, May 19.
If you feel the need, the need for speed, Tom Cruise action flick Top Gun (12A) will be the big screen entertainment on Sunday, May 20.
The Luna Bar with sponsors Estrella Damm will be on-site on all three nights serving a full selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including Estrella beer, Prosecco, a selection of Casillero del Diablo wines, spirits and soft drinks.
Hot drinks will also be available at the bar. Food will be available from Luna Cinema’s gourmet partners.
Pre-sale tickets are on sale now before the public sale opens at 10am on Friday, March 23.
General admission tickets cost £15 and child admission (three to 15 years) £10.
Premium tickets are available at all screenings, which include a branded director’s chair in a prime position in the arena, fast track access and a complimentary drink at the Luna Bar.
• To book tickets and for more information visit www.thelunacinema.com