The Greatest Showman coming to St Albans open air cinema
- Credit: Archant
Open air cinema will return to a St Albans park this summer with two nights of movies under the stars.
As part of its 10th anniversary season, The Luna Cinema will once again be visiting Highfield Park.
The country’s biggest outdoor cinema company will be screening The Greatest Showman (PG) and Legally Blonde (12A) in St Albans in July.
Film fans can see Hugh Jackman as P. T. Barnum in dazzling musical The Greatest Showman on Thursday, July 5.
Doors will open at 8pm with the film starting at 9.30pm.
Legally Blonde will be the big outdoor movie in Highfield Park three weeks later on Thursday, July 26.
Reese Witherspoon stars as Elle Woods, a fashionable sorority queen dumped by her boyfriend.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 8 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
Elle decides to attend law school and while she is there she figures out that there is more to her than just looks.
Doors to Legally Blonde will open at 7.30pm with the film starting at 9pm.
The Luna screen will be located next to the pavilion in the centre of the park.
The Luna Bar with sponsors Estrella Damm will be on-site on all three nights serving a full selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including Estrella beer, Prosecco, a selection of Casillero del Diablo wines, spirits and soft drinks.
Hot drinks will also be available at the bar.
Food will be available from Luna Cinema’s gourmet partners.
Pre-sale tickets are on sale now before the public sale opens at 10am on Friday, March 23.
General admission tickets cost £15, and child admission (three to 15 years) is £10.
Premium tickets are available at all screenings, which include a branded director’s chair in a prime position in the arena, fast track access and a complimentary drink at the Luna Bar.
• To book tickets and for more information visit www.thelunacinema.com