The latest from the St Albans Gang Show
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular end to the week
It’s my third year of being in Gang Show, so I should be used to all the excitement, but Saturday completely blew me away.
We performed the Saturday matinee show, which was amazing. That show has lots of children in the audience so you are inspiring the next generation of cast members to want to be part of the Gang. We could hear all the kids cheering and laughing, which was great.
In the evening you are putting on the last show, which is really emotional, and generally it’s to adults and your family members. The audience is always really lively.
In between the two shows, we usually have a break where we get some food and have a bit of a rest. The chief executive of the Scout Association Matt Hyde came to the matinee with his family and afterwards he said to us that the show was brilliant and he now understood why St Albans Gang Show was called one of the best in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Then the cast had made a video to thank the crew and we all watched that and everyone was in tears. Then the former producer David Barker got up to say a few words – and asked his girlfriend to marry him! They are both involved in Gang Show so it was a really special moment for us all.
My favourite bit of the show is always the finale. On Saturday night the whole show was just amazing but the finale topped it off. It’s all the traditional songs, like Crest Of A Wave, and all the cast members are on stage in their uniform. It doesn’t matter if what uniform you are wearing – whether you are a Guide, a Scout or an Explorer - at that moment you are all just friends together.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Ellie, age 14