The Ladykillers are coming to Radlett... with a twist
- Credit: Archant
In a quirky variation of the classic 1955 Ealing comedy, the Radlett Players is staging a revival of The Ladykillers, with a mixed cast.
Directed by Dave Barron, The Players’ production will run for four nights at 7.45pm from Wednesday, May 3 to Saturday, May 6 at The Radlett Centre.
This less than conventional adaptation tells the story of Mrs Wilberforce, an eccentric old lady, alone in her home, pitted against a gang of criminal misfits who will stop at nothing in their endeavour to pull off a bank robbery.
Posing as amateur musicians, ‘Professor’ Marcus and his gang rent rooms in the elderly widow’s lopsided house.
The villains plot to involve her, unwittingly, in Marcus’ brilliantly conceived heist job.
You may also want to watch:
The police are left stumped but Mrs Wilberforce becomes wise to their ruse and Marcus concludes that there is only one way to keep the old lady quiet.
With only her parrot, General Gordon, to help her, Mrs Wilberforce is alone with five criminals, but who will be forced to face the music?
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Tickets are £14, with concessions available for the Wednesday and Thursday for £12.
• For tickets, call The Radlett Centre box office 01923 859291 or go online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk