The Ladykillers are coming to Radlett... with a twist
- Credit: Archant
In a quirky variation of the classic 1955 Ealing comedy, the Radlett Players is staging a revival of The Ladykillers, with a mixed cast.
Directed by Dave Barron, The Players’ production will run for four nights at 7.45pm from Wednesday, May 3 to Saturday, May 6 at The Radlett Centre.
This less than conventional adaptation tells the story of Mrs Wilberforce, an eccentric old lady, alone in her home, pitted against a gang of criminal misfits who will stop at nothing in their endeavour to pull off a bank robbery.
Posing as amateur musicians, ‘Professor’ Marcus and his gang rent rooms in the elderly widow’s lopsided house.
The villains plot to involve her, unwittingly, in Marcus’ brilliantly conceived heist job.
The police are left stumped but Mrs Wilberforce becomes wise to their ruse and Marcus concludes that there is only one way to keep the old lady quiet.
With only her parrot, General Gordon, to help her, Mrs Wilberforce is alone with five criminals, but who will be forced to face the music?
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Tickets are £14, with concessions available for the Wednesday and Thursday for £12.
• For tickets, call The Radlett Centre box office 01923 859291 or go online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk