The Ladykillers are coming to Radlett... with a twist
- Credit: Archant
In a quirky variation of the classic 1955 Ealing comedy, the Radlett Players is staging a revival of The Ladykillers, with a mixed cast.
Directed by Dave Barron, The Players’ production will run for four nights at 7.45pm from Wednesday, May 3 to Saturday, May 6 at The Radlett Centre.
This less than conventional adaptation tells the story of Mrs Wilberforce, an eccentric old lady, alone in her home, pitted against a gang of criminal misfits who will stop at nothing in their endeavour to pull off a bank robbery.
Posing as amateur musicians, ‘Professor’ Marcus and his gang rent rooms in the elderly widow’s lopsided house.
The villains plot to involve her, unwittingly, in Marcus’ brilliantly conceived heist job.
You may also want to watch:
The police are left stumped but Mrs Wilberforce becomes wise to their ruse and Marcus concludes that there is only one way to keep the old lady quiet.
With only her parrot, General Gordon, to help her, Mrs Wilberforce is alone with five criminals, but who will be forced to face the music?
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Tickets are £14, with concessions available for the Wednesday and Thursday for £12.
• For tickets, call The Radlett Centre box office 01923 859291 or go online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk