Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- Credit: Channel 4
They say your school days are the best days of your life.
But did you know the fictional pupils of Rudge Park Comprehensive once enjoyed a field trip to St Albans in The Inbetweeners?
The coming-of-age adolescent E4 sitcom includes scenes shot in the Cathedral city.
Containing strong language and adult humour, The Inbetweeners stars Simon Bird, James Buckley, Blake Harrison and Joe Thomas as Rudge Park pupils Will McKenzie, Jay Cartwright, Neil Sutherland and Simon Cooper respectively.
Will McKenzie's house in the series is actually located in Whitley Close, Abbots Langley, with the village a regular haunt for filming of the series.
The first episode of the second series, entitled Field Trip, sees Jay and Neil carrying out a questionnaire on their infamous geography field trip to Swanage.
These scenes were not shot on the Dorset coast but in St Albans Market Place, with St Albans Cathedral clearly visible in the background.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
In the episode Jay (James Buckley) gets a slap in the face for asking one female passerby some rather inappropriate questions just outside where the Champneys spa and beauty salon is located in the city centre.
You can watch all episodes of The Inbetweeners on Channel 4's on demand catch-up service All 4 and on streamer BritBox.