The Importance of Being Earnest at The Radlett Centre
OSCAR Wilde’s theatrical masterpiece The Importance of Being Earnest is coming to The Radlett Centre next Saturday, September 15.
Widely-acknowledged as one of the greatest comedies in the English language, London Classic Theatre are putting on the performance at 7.30pm.
Jack is in love with Gwendolen. Algernon is in love with Cecily. But when an identity crisis spirals out of control, the previously separate worlds of town and country collide and mayhem ensues.
Thoughts of marriage and a happy ending have to be put on hold until the inimitable Lady Bracknell can be convinced that the young men are worthy suitors.
Tickets are �14 with concessions �12, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
n Girls aged between seven and 16 who would like to appear in The Radlett Centre’s family Christmas pantomime, Beauty and The Beast are invited to attend auditions this Monday, September 10.
They will be held for the younger age group of smaller children aged seven-plus at 4.30pm and for those aged 16 and under auditioning for senior dancers at 6pm, both groups at The Radlett Centre.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
All candidates will be auditioned in groups and taught a simple dance routine by Upstage Productions.
Successful candidates will need to be available to rehearse in Radlett on November 4, 11, 18 and 25. Main rehearsals start on November 26 generally after school and at weekends.
Further information is available from The Radlett Centre on 01923 857546.