The Importance of Being Earnest at The Radlett Centre
OSCAR Wilde’s theatrical masterpiece The Importance of Being Earnest is coming to The Radlett Centre next Saturday, September 15.
Widely-acknowledged as one of the greatest comedies in the English language, London Classic Theatre are putting on the performance at 7.30pm.
Jack is in love with Gwendolen. Algernon is in love with Cecily. But when an identity crisis spirals out of control, the previously separate worlds of town and country collide and mayhem ensues.
Thoughts of marriage and a happy ending have to be put on hold until the inimitable Lady Bracknell can be convinced that the young men are worthy suitors.
Tickets are �14 with concessions �12, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
n Girls aged between seven and 16 who would like to appear in The Radlett Centre’s family Christmas pantomime, Beauty and The Beast are invited to attend auditions this Monday, September 10.
They will be held for the younger age group of smaller children aged seven-plus at 4.30pm and for those aged 16 and under auditioning for senior dancers at 6pm, both groups at The Radlett Centre.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
All candidates will be auditioned in groups and taught a simple dance routine by Upstage Productions.
Successful candidates will need to be available to rehearse in Radlett on November 4, 11, 18 and 25. Main rehearsals start on November 26 generally after school and at weekends.
Further information is available from The Radlett Centre on 01923 857546.