The Horn, St Albans, shortlisted for Muisc Pub of the Year
THE Horn has made it onto the shortlist for the best music pub in 2011 for the second year in a row.
It is one of six pubs shortlisted for the accolade Music Pub of the Year which is awarded to the best hostelry in the UK using music within their business.
The judges will be looking for clear evidence that The Horn is dedicated to using music alongside a year-round programme of musical events that reflects customers’ preferences together with evidence that the music played is boosting trade.
Adrian Bell of The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, said: “Music plays a significant part in creating just the right ambience for our clientele so we are always careful to choose the right type of music for the right occasion.
“We are absolutely delighted to have been shortlisted for what is a truly prestigious award.”
The winner will be announced at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on April 6.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary