The Horn, St Albans, shortlisted for Muisc Pub of the Year
THE Horn has made it onto the shortlist for the best music pub in 2011 for the second year in a row.
It is one of six pubs shortlisted for the accolade Music Pub of the Year which is awarded to the best hostelry in the UK using music within their business.
The judges will be looking for clear evidence that The Horn is dedicated to using music alongside a year-round programme of musical events that reflects customers’ preferences together with evidence that the music played is boosting trade.
Adrian Bell of The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, said: “Music plays a significant part in creating just the right ambience for our clientele so we are always careful to choose the right type of music for the right occasion.
“We are absolutely delighted to have been shortlisted for what is a truly prestigious award.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on April 6.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden