CD Review: The Easy Way - 60 classic hits from the time when life was easy
- Credit: Archant
The scorching sun is dragging itself across an azure sky, condensation coats the outside of a long glass of continental beer, and the sound of waves kissing the sand can just be heard over the music playing from a nearby speaker…
The perfect summer soundtrack needs to be something special. It doesn't want to intrude on your holiday reading or set the wrong sort of mood. But you can always rely on the classics…
Tracks crafted with effortless grace by the greatest songwriters of their generation, timeless moments of perfection which deserve their places in posterity. Nothing unfamiliar, but comfortably assured, a roll call of musical masterpieces.
Burt Bacharach and Hal David are the team supreme behind many of these songs, with a who's who of performers including the likes of Dionne Warwick, Dusty Springfield, Matt Monro, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.
You may also want to watch:
Creating music this good just can't be as easy as they seem to have made it.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan