The Devine Family at the Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
An evening of classic Irish songs and traditional music together with their own original contributions will be performed by the Devine family at the next Folk at the Maltings concert.
They will be joined by concertina player Paddy Egan for the concert at 8pm next Friday, January 31, at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
Support will come from New Roots finalist, Matt Tighe, a fiddler who specialises in Irish music.
John, Caz and Joe Devine are known for their innovative arrangements on a mix of instruments. John, who also comperes a music programme on Radio Verulam, plays the uilleann pipes and also keyboards, whistles, vocals, drums and percussion.
Caz provides contrast with saxophones, whistles, bass and percussion and their son, Joe, specialises in stringed instruments playing tenor banjo, guitar and bass.
You may also want to watch:
The trio is busy working on a new CD and on original material.
Concertina player, Paddy, grew up in Ireland in Parkbridge, County Wicklow but is now based in London.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
Tickets cost £10, with £8 concessions for students, children and unwaged people, available on the door or in advance, by booking online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre at the Town Hall.
Further information is available from www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk