The Devine Family at the Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
An evening of classic Irish songs and traditional music together with their own original contributions will be performed by the Devine family at the next Folk at the Maltings concert.
They will be joined by concertina player Paddy Egan for the concert at 8pm next Friday, January 31, at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
Support will come from New Roots finalist, Matt Tighe, a fiddler who specialises in Irish music.
John, Caz and Joe Devine are known for their innovative arrangements on a mix of instruments. John, who also comperes a music programme on Radio Verulam, plays the uilleann pipes and also keyboards, whistles, vocals, drums and percussion.
Caz provides contrast with saxophones, whistles, bass and percussion and their son, Joe, specialises in stringed instruments playing tenor banjo, guitar and bass.
You may also want to watch:
The trio is busy working on a new CD and on original material.
Concertina player, Paddy, grew up in Ireland in Parkbridge, County Wicklow but is now based in London.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Tickets cost £10, with £8 concessions for students, children and unwaged people, available on the door or in advance, by booking online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre at the Town Hall.
Further information is available from www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk