The Bluetones return to St Albans for tour date
- Credit: Supplied by Cool Britannia
The Bluetones will be playing a show in St Albans next month.
The West London four-piece are already confirmed to play Knebworth’s Cool Britannia Festival this summer.
But if you can’t wait that long to see The Bluetones in concert in Hertfordshire, they will be playing an intimate gig in St Albans next month.
Fronted by Mark Morriss, the Slight Return stars will play a gig at The Horn on Thursday, May 16.
A post on the Victoria Street music venue’s Facebook page read: “We are so excited to announce that The Bluetones will be playing a show at The Horn on Thursday, May 16 as part of their nationwide tour.”
During the 1990s, The Bluetones enjoyed a string of hits with singles such as Are You Blue or Are You Blind?, Bluetonic, Cut Some Rug, Marblehead Johnson, Solomon Bites The Worm, If..., and Keep the Fires Burning.
The group’s debut album, Expecting to Fly, reached number one in the charts in 1996, knocking off Oasis’ (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? from the top spot.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Tickets for the band’s St Albans concert at The Horn cost £22 in advance and £25 on the door, subject to availability.
Since being announced last week, more than 60 per cent of the available tickets have been snapped up.
Juicebook Live tweeted: “Over 60% of tickets for @TheBluetones at @hornvenue on Thursday 16 May have gone in just under 24 hours, make sure you book ASAP! Book now via @TicketWebUK / @TicketmasterUK”
For more details, visit The Horn’s website at www.thehorn.co.uk
The Bluetones will also play the Saturday main stage at Cool Britannia in Knebworth Park this summer.
Cool Britannia Festival tickets are on sale now with the Britpop extravaganza headlined by Sit Down stars James and Basement Jaxx with a DJ set.