The Bluetones return to St Albans for tour date
- Credit: Supplied by Cool Britannia
The Bluetones will be playing a show in St Albans next month.
The West London four-piece are already confirmed to play Knebworth’s Cool Britannia Festival this summer.
But if you can’t wait that long to see The Bluetones in concert in Hertfordshire, they will be playing an intimate gig in St Albans next month.
Fronted by Mark Morriss, the Slight Return stars will play a gig at The Horn on Thursday, May 16.
A post on the Victoria Street music venue’s Facebook page read: “We are so excited to announce that The Bluetones will be playing a show at The Horn on Thursday, May 16 as part of their nationwide tour.”
You may also want to watch:
During the 1990s, The Bluetones enjoyed a string of hits with singles such as Are You Blue or Are You Blind?, Bluetonic, Cut Some Rug, Marblehead Johnson, Solomon Bites The Worm, If..., and Keep the Fires Burning.
The group’s debut album, Expecting to Fly, reached number one in the charts in 1996, knocking off Oasis’ (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? from the top spot.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Tickets for the band’s St Albans concert at The Horn cost £22 in advance and £25 on the door, subject to availability.
Since being announced last week, more than 60 per cent of the available tickets have been snapped up.
Juicebook Live tweeted: “Over 60% of tickets for @TheBluetones at @hornvenue on Thursday 16 May have gone in just under 24 hours, make sure you book ASAP! Book now via @TicketWebUK / @TicketmasterUK”
For more details, visit The Horn’s website at www.thehorn.co.uk
The Bluetones will also play the Saturday main stage at Cool Britannia in Knebworth Park this summer.
Cool Britannia Festival tickets are on sale now with the Britpop extravaganza headlined by Sit Down stars James and Basement Jaxx with a DJ set.