Digging Your Scene stars The Blow Monkeys appearing live at The Horn in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Remember 1980s hits Digging Your Scene and It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way?
The band behind those two singles, The Blow Monkeys, will be appearing live in St Albans next week.
They will be performing at The Horn on Thursday, July 6.
Led by charismatic singer-songwriter Robert Howard, aka Dr Robert, and ably assisted by bassist Mick Anker, drummer Tony Kiley and saxophonist Neville Henry, they further cemented their reputation with hits such as Choice?, Wait – a UK top 10 hit with soul diva Kym Mazelle – and Celebrate (The Day After You), a duet with soul legend Curtis Mayfield.
They also recorded You Don’t Own Me, which appeared on the multi-platinum selling soundtrack to the film Dirty Dancing.
After splitting up in 1990, the band reformed in 2008.
Tickets for their gig at The Horn cost £20 in advance and £22 on the door.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Doors are at 8pm.
Herts-based Britpop, Mod and 60s covers band The Revivals will be playing a set of classic hits at The Horn on Friday, June 30.
There’s free entry and the band are due on stage at 10.30pm.
• For more details, and to book tickets, visit www.thehorn.co.uk