Digging Your Scene stars The Blow Monkeys appearing live at The Horn in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Remember 1980s hits Digging Your Scene and It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way?
The band behind those two singles, The Blow Monkeys, will be appearing live in St Albans next week.
They will be performing at The Horn on Thursday, July 6.
Led by charismatic singer-songwriter Robert Howard, aka Dr Robert, and ably assisted by bassist Mick Anker, drummer Tony Kiley and saxophonist Neville Henry, they further cemented their reputation with hits such as Choice?, Wait – a UK top 10 hit with soul diva Kym Mazelle – and Celebrate (The Day After You), a duet with soul legend Curtis Mayfield.
They also recorded You Don’t Own Me, which appeared on the multi-platinum selling soundtrack to the film Dirty Dancing.
You may also want to watch:
After splitting up in 1990, the band reformed in 2008.
Tickets for their gig at The Horn cost £20 in advance and £22 on the door.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Doors are at 8pm.
Herts-based Britpop, Mod and 60s covers band The Revivals will be playing a set of classic hits at The Horn on Friday, June 30.
There’s free entry and the band are due on stage at 10.30pm.
• For more details, and to book tickets, visit www.thehorn.co.uk