Digging Your Scene stars The Blow Monkeys appearing live at The Horn in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Remember 1980s hits Digging Your Scene and It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way?
The band behind those two singles, The Blow Monkeys, will be appearing live in St Albans next week.
They will be performing at The Horn on Thursday, July 6.
Led by charismatic singer-songwriter Robert Howard, aka Dr Robert, and ably assisted by bassist Mick Anker, drummer Tony Kiley and saxophonist Neville Henry, they further cemented their reputation with hits such as Choice?, Wait – a UK top 10 hit with soul diva Kym Mazelle – and Celebrate (The Day After You), a duet with soul legend Curtis Mayfield.
They also recorded You Don’t Own Me, which appeared on the multi-platinum selling soundtrack to the film Dirty Dancing.
After splitting up in 1990, the band reformed in 2008.
Tickets for their gig at The Horn cost £20 in advance and £22 on the door.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard as garages catch fire in village near St Albans
- 3 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 4 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 7 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 8 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 9 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 10 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
Doors are at 8pm.
Herts-based Britpop, Mod and 60s covers band The Revivals will be playing a set of classic hits at The Horn on Friday, June 30.
There’s free entry and the band are due on stage at 10.30pm.
• For more details, and to book tickets, visit www.thehorn.co.uk