The Alban Arena’s got talent
SAXOPHONIST Julian Smith brings his three-piece band to the Alban Arena for a special charity concert next weekend (October 17).
You might not remember the name, but the talented musician came third behind dance troupe Diversity and a certain Scottish singer called Susan Boyle in the 2009 series of Britain’s Got Talent.
Joining him at the Arena on Sunday, October 17, in support of Luton & Dunstable Hospital’s new cardiac centre will be a few BGT friends, Stavros Flatley with their Greek Riverdancing act, young singer Shaun Smith and brother and sister dance duo Ben and Becky. Tickets cost �22 and �20.
Argentinian tango is set to take to the Alban Arena stage by storm in a brand new live spectacle next week.
Following the Broadway success of Tango Agentino, its creators have produced a new show called Tango Pasi�n which has been captivating international audiences.
You may also want to watch:
Presented by 12 of Buenos Aires’ finest Tango dancers, choreographed by Hector Zaraspe and accompanied by a live seven-piece orchestra, it promises a fantastic atmosphere when it comes to the Alban Arena on Friday, October 15, at 8pm. Tickets cost �22.50 and �19.50.
Fashion lovers can catch Coco and Igor when it screens at the Alban Arena on Wednesday (October 13).
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
The French film directed by Jan Kounen, which was chosen as the closing film of the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, is an adaptation of Chris Greenhalgh’s speculative novel about the relationship between iconic designer Coco Chanel and composer Igor Stravinsky.
It is showing on Wednesday, October 13, at 1.30pm and 7.30pm and tickets cost �6 (concessions �2 off) with the matinee costing �4 plus tea and biscuits.
Next week’s performances from Level 42 and psychic Sally Morgan have both sold out.
To buy tickets for any of the events contact the Alban Arena Box Office on 01727 844488 or book online www.alban-arena.co.uk