The Alan Barnes Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
ONE of the stars of the 2012 summer festival is appearing at the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, November 4.
The Alan Barnes Quintet will be playing at the club in Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.45 to 10.30pm.
He has put together a special line-up for the gig with Alan Barnes (saxes), Nigel Price (guitar), Barry Green (piano), Adam King (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums).
Alan is one of the most versatile and respected jazz musicians and composers in the UK. His most recent albums with Scott Hamilton, Ken Peplowski, Warren Vache, Dave Newton, Martin Taylor and his collaboration with Ken Mathieson The Glasgow Suite (The Music of Benny Carter) have been received with much critical acclaim and recognition.
Over the years Alan has won many British Jazz awards in alto, baritone, clarinet and arranging categories and in 2001 and 2006 he received the prestigious BBC Jazz Instrumentalist of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 for students and under-21s, �11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and �13 at the door.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed