The Alan Barnes Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
ONE of the stars of the 2012 summer festival is appearing at the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, November 4.
The Alan Barnes Quintet will be playing at the club in Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.45 to 10.30pm.
He has put together a special line-up for the gig with Alan Barnes (saxes), Nigel Price (guitar), Barry Green (piano), Adam King (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums).
Alan is one of the most versatile and respected jazz musicians and composers in the UK. His most recent albums with Scott Hamilton, Ken Peplowski, Warren Vache, Dave Newton, Martin Taylor and his collaboration with Ken Mathieson The Glasgow Suite (The Music of Benny Carter) have been received with much critical acclaim and recognition.
Over the years Alan has won many British Jazz awards in alto, baritone, clarinet and arranging categories and in 2001 and 2006 he received the prestigious BBC Jazz Instrumentalist of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 for students and under-21s, �11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and �13 at the door.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy