That’s Exceltainment! at the Sandpit Theatre in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
All aspects of the performing arts will be on stage for That’s Exceltainment! at the Sandpit Theatre in St Albans from next Wednesday, June 1.
Excel Performing Arts School, based in London Colney, will be putting on its sixth show at The Ridgeway theatre during half term, involving drama, singing, jazz, ballet, tap and street dance.
This year’s show will feature Zulu warriors, air hostesses, witches, pirates, devils and tap dancing bugs with a grumpy teenage Cinderella and an angry Wee Willy Winkie also rumoured to appear.
That’s Exceltainment! is directed and devised by West End and TV actor Steven Houghton, together with his wife, Sam Payton, who set up the performing arts school seven years ago.
Steven, whose 25-year career has included various TV roles, multiple West End shows, an Olivier nomination and a stint working with Simon Cowell, said: “Seeing the students grow in confidence and improve each year is something very special about this show.“
Sam added: “Our students learn all sorts of skills from being in an Excel show. Counting themselves in, keeping track of the music, mastering props and keeping the performance magic going all whilst staying cool, calm and collected.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans