That’s Exceltainment! at the Sandpit Theatre in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
All aspects of the performing arts will be on stage for That’s Exceltainment! at the Sandpit Theatre in St Albans from next Wednesday, June 1.
Excel Performing Arts School, based in London Colney, will be putting on its sixth show at The Ridgeway theatre during half term, involving drama, singing, jazz, ballet, tap and street dance.
This year’s show will feature Zulu warriors, air hostesses, witches, pirates, devils and tap dancing bugs with a grumpy teenage Cinderella and an angry Wee Willy Winkie also rumoured to appear.
That’s Exceltainment! is directed and devised by West End and TV actor Steven Houghton, together with his wife, Sam Payton, who set up the performing arts school seven years ago.
Steven, whose 25-year career has included various TV roles, multiple West End shows, an Olivier nomination and a stint working with Simon Cowell, said: “Seeing the students grow in confidence and improve each year is something very special about this show.“
You may also want to watch:
Sam added: “Our students learn all sorts of skills from being in an Excel show. Counting themselves in, keeping track of the music, mastering props and keeping the performance magic going all whilst staying cool, calm and collected.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans