Teenage band earns regular St Albans city-centre slot
- Credit: Archant
A NEWLY-formed band of youngsters aged 14 and under have been invited to perform regularly in a city centre pub on Wednesday nights.
Honor Sunday features Lucy Beech, Megan Goalen, Tommy Webb and Josh Blunt, all 14, and Joe Webb, aged 12.
They are all pupils of Parmiters School in Garston and formed the band in January 2013. Tommy, who is band leader, and Joe are brothers and have been playing guitar together for four years.
Josh, a life-long friend from nursery school, is a self-taught drummer and an accomplished clarinet player while Lucy has been playing piano since the age of seven. She has adapted her classical skills to play mainstream music in the band on keyboards.
Megan is the vocalist and Joe plays acoustic, bass and electric guitar.
You may also want to watch:
They have gigging in and around St Albans and have now been invited back to The Mermaid pub in Hatfield Road regularly on Wednesday nights.
Among other pubs they have played at is The Amble Inn in Harpenden and Ye Olde Leather Bottle in Leverstock Green.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe