Teen pianist returns for recital at St Albans church
- Credit: Archant
Gifted young St Albans pianist Julian Trevelyan is giving the lunchtine recital at a city centre church next Wednesday, April 27.
The programme at St Peter’s Church will begin with Robert Schumann’s Humoreske, the title of which refers to a genre of romantic music characterised by pieces with fanciful humour in the sense of mood rather than wit.
Julian will also play Claude Debussy’s Images, the first three of which were for the piano with the fourth for orchestra.
Julian won the prestigious Long-Thibaud international piano competition in Paris last October when he was 16 and following his success, he will be playing in both St Petersburg and Budapest this year as well as across France.
Born and lives in St Albans, he was also a chorister in the Cathedral Choir and still sings there as a tenor.
You may also want to watch:
The free concert with a retiring collection in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care starts at 1pm.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site