Teen pianist returns for recital at St Albans church
- Credit: Archant
Gifted young St Albans pianist Julian Trevelyan is giving the lunchtine recital at a city centre church next Wednesday, April 27.
The programme at St Peter’s Church will begin with Robert Schumann’s Humoreske, the title of which refers to a genre of romantic music characterised by pieces with fanciful humour in the sense of mood rather than wit.
Julian will also play Claude Debussy’s Images, the first three of which were for the piano with the fourth for orchestra.
Julian won the prestigious Long-Thibaud international piano competition in Paris last October when he was 16 and following his success, he will be playing in both St Petersburg and Budapest this year as well as across France.
Born and lives in St Albans, he was also a chorister in the Cathedral Choir and still sings there as a tenor.
The free concert with a retiring collection in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care starts at 1pm.
- 1 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 8 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m