Talk of the dance with St Albans Ballet Club
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city s festival. The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought star
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city's festival.
The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought stars of the Imperial Theatres in St Petersburg to Paris including the dancers Anna Pavlova and Vaslav Nijinsky.
The ballet seasons evolved into the famous Ballets Russes with Diaghilev bringing iconoclastic artists and composers.
The evening begins at 7.30pm in the main hall of Trinity United Reformed Church in Beaconsfield Road. Non-members are welcome and a single evening membership is available for �5 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979.
- 1 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 2 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to fall in St Albans