Talk of the dance with St Albans Ballet Club
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city s festival. The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought star
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city's festival.
The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought stars of the Imperial Theatres in St Petersburg to Paris including the dancers Anna Pavlova and Vaslav Nijinsky.
The ballet seasons evolved into the famous Ballets Russes with Diaghilev bringing iconoclastic artists and composers.
The evening begins at 7.30pm in the main hall of Trinity United Reformed Church in Beaconsfield Road. Non-members are welcome and a single evening membership is available for �5 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten