Talk of the dance with St Albans Ballet Club
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city s festival. The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought star
AN ILLUSTRATED talk to mark the centenary of the first performances of Russian ballet and opera in the west is being presented by St Albans Ballet Club next Friday, June 26, as part of the city's festival.
The great impresario Serge Diaghilev brought stars of the Imperial Theatres in St Petersburg to Paris including the dancers Anna Pavlova and Vaslav Nijinsky.
The ballet seasons evolved into the famous Ballets Russes with Diaghilev bringing iconoclastic artists and composers.
The evening begins at 7.30pm in the main hall of Trinity United Reformed Church in Beaconsfield Road. Non-members are welcome and a single evening membership is available for �5 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area