Take it easy at Harpenden dance class
A DANCE class so easy that even people with two left feet can learn it comes to Harpenden for 10 weeks from Monday, July 12.
The 10-week summer school is being held by social dancer “Lazy” Dave Plummer at The Royal British Legion in the town.
Funky Smooth Jive, as its name suggests, combines modern jive danced to funky music ranging from Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas to motown and soul classics. It is simple “entry level” dancing with no sequins, lycra or judges.
Dave said: “So many dance styles are danced to a specific style of music whereas this dance style can be used everywhere and with different partners.”
Participants do not need to bring a partner and the classes are structured so that everyone can learn at their own pace.
You may also want to watch:
More details can be obtained from Dave on 07710 033363 or go to www.uk-smooth.co.uk
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital