Take a place at Harpenden's Eistddfod
A SECOND Musicale Eisteddfod is being held in Harpenden next year and entries are invited now. It will be taking place at Musicale in Homecroft, Sun Lane, from February 19 to 21 and is open to anyone who would like to have the opportunity of performing in
A SECOND Musicale Eisteddfod is being held in Harpenden next year and entries are invited now.
It will be taking place at Musicale in Homecroft, Sun Lane, from February 19 to 21 and is open to anyone who would like to have the opportunity of performing in an informal concert setting.
There are singing and instrumental classes for all age groups and abilities and everyone who takes part will receive a performance certificate with the winners receiving prizes.
Although the Eisteddfod will be informal, there will be constructive advice from adjudicator Nicholas Daniel, a distinguished oboist who is an important ambassador for music and musicians in many field.
You may also want to watch:
At the age of 18 he won the BBC's prestigious Young Musician of the Year competition and then went on to win many major prizes at other competitions.
On leaving the Royal Academy of Music in 1983, Nicholas played as a solo oboe with many of Britain's foremost symphony and chamber orchestras.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
During the Eisteddfod, he will speak to and encourage the contestants with advice on what he has just seen and heard.
The recital and concerto classes will incorporate the popular Musicale Young Artists' Competition with the winner of the former having an opportunity to perform in the Harpenden Summer Music Festival and the latter receiving a place on the Musicale Young Artists Summer course.
Entries are invited now and a syllabus can be downloaded from www.musicale.co.uk, by calling 01582 713333 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org