Sweeney set to fly
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday. Top performers – the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday.
Top performers - the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the Beadle - and a full orchestra will be performing at the Watford Colosseum at 7.30pm.
Everyone is giving their time for free and all proceeds will be going to two charities, the Peace Hospice and Missing People.
The production has a strong St Albans connection with two members of SAOS in the lead roles. Matt Gregory is taking the part of Sweeney and Emma Southorn is Mrs Lovett. A further 12 SAOS members are involved in the production.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a free open event from 2pm to 5pm in the afternoon to give people a chance to find out more about local musical theatre.
Also at the Colosseum it will feature stands manned by reps from local societies including Radlett Operatic which is also contributing to the performance.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
Further details about the concert and the open afternoon can be found at www.pitproductions.co.uk