Sweeney set to fly
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday. Top performers – the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday.
Top performers - the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the Beadle - and a full orchestra will be performing at the Watford Colosseum at 7.30pm.
Everyone is giving their time for free and all proceeds will be going to two charities, the Peace Hospice and Missing People.
The production has a strong St Albans connection with two members of SAOS in the lead roles. Matt Gregory is taking the part of Sweeney and Emma Southorn is Mrs Lovett. A further 12 SAOS members are involved in the production.
There is also a free open event from 2pm to 5pm in the afternoon to give people a chance to find out more about local musical theatre.
Also at the Colosseum it will feature stands manned by reps from local societies including Radlett Operatic which is also contributing to the performance.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
Further details about the concert and the open afternoon can be found at www.pitproductions.co.uk