Sweeney set to fly
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday. Top performers – the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the
A SPECIAL charity concert of Sweeney Todd featuring 14 members of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is being held on Sunday.
Top performers - the people in the chorus would normally be principals and a Welsh National Opera singer is taking the part of the Beadle - and a full orchestra will be performing at the Watford Colosseum at 7.30pm.
Everyone is giving their time for free and all proceeds will be going to two charities, the Peace Hospice and Missing People.
The production has a strong St Albans connection with two members of SAOS in the lead roles. Matt Gregory is taking the part of Sweeney and Emma Southorn is Mrs Lovett. A further 12 SAOS members are involved in the production.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a free open event from 2pm to 5pm in the afternoon to give people a chance to find out more about local musical theatre.
Also at the Colosseum it will feature stands manned by reps from local societies including Radlett Operatic which is also contributing to the performance.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
Further details about the concert and the open afternoon can be found at www.pitproductions.co.uk