Summer showcase looms for talented young stars
- Credit: Bettina Strenske
Places are still available for a summer showcase being performed at the Alban Arena next Saturday, August 8.
And Living the Dream is offering one five to 18 year old the chance to win a scholarship for a week of dance and musical theatre workshops before performing in the showcase at the Alban Arena.
Living the Dream is the performing arts school set up by entrepreneur Zoe Jackson, when she was just 16.
The showcase will feature 100 young people demonstrating their talents in street dance, contemporary dance, musical theatre, acting, singing and more.
It is in aid of the Dream Foundation and all funds go back to supporting young people in need by providing them with free or subsidised education and training in the performing arts.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe said, “We are so proud of all of our students who perform each year and the energy, passion and talent that they give. Our Summer Showcase at The Alban Arena this year is going to be amazing and we are very excited to be able to give more young people opportunities to perform with Living the Dream.”
To apply for places on the Summer Showcase and the scholarship, email email@example.com to receive an application form,
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
For full information including rehearsal dates, costs and how to book tickets for the showcase go to http://www.livingthedreamcompany.co.uk/school-of-performing-arts/
Tickets for the showcase are £15 with concessions £5 off, also available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk