Summer showcase looms for talented young stars
- Credit: Bettina Strenske
Places are still available for a summer showcase being performed at the Alban Arena next Saturday, August 8.
And Living the Dream is offering one five to 18 year old the chance to win a scholarship for a week of dance and musical theatre workshops before performing in the showcase at the Alban Arena.
Living the Dream is the performing arts school set up by entrepreneur Zoe Jackson, when she was just 16.
The showcase will feature 100 young people demonstrating their talents in street dance, contemporary dance, musical theatre, acting, singing and more.
It is in aid of the Dream Foundation and all funds go back to supporting young people in need by providing them with free or subsidised education and training in the performing arts.
Zoe said, “We are so proud of all of our students who perform each year and the energy, passion and talent that they give. Our Summer Showcase at The Alban Arena this year is going to be amazing and we are very excited to be able to give more young people opportunities to perform with Living the Dream.”
To apply for places on the Summer Showcase and the scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application form,
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
For full information including rehearsal dates, costs and how to book tickets for the showcase go to http://www.livingthedreamcompany.co.uk/school-of-performing-arts/
Tickets for the showcase are £15 with concessions £5 off, also available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk