Summer of art for St Albans Arts Society
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition. Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church s Lower H
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition.
Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church's Lower Hall from next Friday, July 24, until Saturday, August 1.
As well as traditional landscapes and scenes of St Albans, there will also be plenty of contemporary and abstract works on show.
There will also be 12 equestrian pictures inspired by a trophy donated by the late Oliver Beckett, former member and great follower of the sport of kings.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm daily with a late start at 1pm on Sunday, July 26. Drinks and snacks will be available at the adjacent Cross Street Centre between 10am and 2pm.
Entry is free and so is a catalogue. Further details can be obtained from Peter Osborne on 07708 559398, or www.stalbans-artsociety.org.uk/
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor