Summer of art for St Albans Arts Society
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition. Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church s Lower H
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition.
Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church's Lower Hall from next Friday, July 24, until Saturday, August 1.
As well as traditional landscapes and scenes of St Albans, there will also be plenty of contemporary and abstract works on show.
There will also be 12 equestrian pictures inspired by a trophy donated by the late Oliver Beckett, former member and great follower of the sport of kings.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm daily with a late start at 1pm on Sunday, July 26. Drinks and snacks will be available at the adjacent Cross Street Centre between 10am and 2pm.
Entry is free and so is a catalogue. Further details can be obtained from Peter Osborne on 07708 559398, or www.stalbans-artsociety.org.uk/
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets