Summer of art for St Albans Arts Society
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition. Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church s Lower H
A WIDE range of art including around a dozen pieces of sculpture, ceramics and tapestry will be on display when St Albans Arts Society holds its summer exhibition.
Over 400 paintings and prints will be on display at Dagnall Street Baptist Church's Lower Hall from next Friday, July 24, until Saturday, August 1.
As well as traditional landscapes and scenes of St Albans, there will also be plenty of contemporary and abstract works on show.
There will also be 12 equestrian pictures inspired by a trophy donated by the late Oliver Beckett, former member and great follower of the sport of kings.
The exhibition is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm daily with a late start at 1pm on Sunday, July 26. Drinks and snacks will be available at the adjacent Cross Street Centre between 10am and 2pm.
Entry is free and so is a catalogue. Further details can be obtained from Peter Osborne on 07708 559398, or www.stalbans-artsociety.org.uk/
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins