Student filming St Albans theatre school’s show for charity
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER St Albans theatre student is returning to film its forthcoming Night at the Musicals to raise money for charity.
Ellie Utting, who is now at the University of York studying film, is planning to shoot the Best Theatre Arts show in aid of the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
She is also preparing to trek the Great Wall of China this September for the charity which grants the wishes of children and young people aged three to 17 fighting life-threatening conditions.
Said David Bevan, co-founder of Best: “We’re delighted to be able to help Ellie and Make-a-Wish. All the proceeds of the DVD sales will go towards Ellie’s project.”
The show is being performed at The SandPit Theatre in Marshalswick on March 22 and 23. David added: “I’m sure Ellie will do a great job in committing it to film.”
You may also want to watch:
Ellie’s fundraising page is at www.myraising.com/eleanor-utting/greatwall and to find out more about Best go to www.besttheatrearts.com.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans