Strings the thing for Radlett Music Club quarter
A RENOWNED string quartet is putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club. The Badke String Quartet, formed in 2002, are performing at 8pm next Thursday, November 26, at The Radlett Centre. Widely recognised as one of Britain s finest young string q
A RENOWNED string quartet is putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club.
The Badke String Quartet, formed in 2002, are performing at 8pm next Thursday, November 26, at The Radlett Centre.
Widely recognised as one of Britain's finest young string quartets, they have performed regularly at festivals in the UK and abroad.
They were recipients of the Leverhulme Junior Chamber Music Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music 2003-5 and the Bulldog Scholarship for String Quartet at Trinity College of Music in 2006. A year later they took the first prize and audience prize at the 5th Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition.
The Quartet have broadcast live on BBC Radio and on Classic FM to promote the Mostly Mozart Festival at the Barbican Centre.
They will be performing works by Haydn, Schumann and Schubert at The Radlett Centre and tickets are �12 and free to students, available by calling the box office on 01923 859281, www.radlettcentre.co.uk or on the door.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023