Strictly Come Dancing stars Remembering Fred Astaire in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two stars of Strictly Come Dancing will be paying tribute to Fred Astaire in a spectacular dance show coming to St Albans.
Aljaz Skorjanec and Janette Manrara will be Remembering Fred at The Alban Arena on Sunday, May 28, at 7.30pm.
Get ready to step back in time and relive special moments from the career of legendary Hollywood and Broadway star Fred Astaire.
Remembering Fred will take the audience on a magical journey of dance, live music and entertainment supported by special appearances from various celebrity guests.
Featuring classic songs including They Can’t Take That Away From Me, Puttin’ On The Ritz and Let’s Face The Music & Dance, the show will see partners Aljaz and Janette performing steps and turns from the golden age of Hollywood’s most celebrated dance routines.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket holders will also hear from famous Fred fans including Twiggy, Darcey Bussell, Don Black and Bruce Oldfield, who will share stories of how the screen icon touched their lives.
The show promises to be a magical evening of top hat, white tie and wonderful tales.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Backed by a full supporting cast of dancers, live band and singers, the Strictly pair will perform classics from the American Songbook, written by the likes of George and Ira Gershwin, Irving Berlin and Cole Porter.
Real-life couple Aljaz and Janette said: “Fred Astaire is an inspiration to every dancer we know.
“We are excited to be headlining a show paying tribute to this unique Hollywood legend.
“We will celebrate his dance, his choreography, his most memorable songs and films as well as his poise and elegance and what made this man such an icon of the 20th century.
“And just like Fred, we will be doing it big, doing it right and doing it with style!”
Tickets cost £35, £29.50, and £19.50.
• To book tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk