Street dance comes to St Albans
A MASS public dance performance will be held in St Albans next Saturday, July 14, when the city joins Let’s Dance.
Big Street Dance Day (Hertfordshire) will launch with a mass public dance performance at 11.30am which will be held simultaneously in St Albans, Watford, and Waltham Cross.
Let’s Dance is a brand new dance and music accompaniment created for Big Dance. Groups of friends, families or work colleagues are encouraged to learn about it from the website www.dancedigital.org.uk then get together to to join a public flashmob style performance at the Civic Square in St Albans.
Following on from the flashmob, local dance groups including St Albans Morris, Peace Train line dancers and Top Hat Stage School will show their moves in a showcase of dance work.
Jo Askham, Arts Development Manager for St Albans Arts team SAASH which is putting on Let’s Dance with DanceDigital, said: “We are inviting groups from local businesses, gyms and dance schools to take part – there’s a real buzz about the event and we are delighted to be involved again.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact email@example.com or telephone 01727 827667.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district