Street dance comes to St Albans
A MASS public dance performance will be held in St Albans next Saturday, July 14, when the city joins Let’s Dance.
Big Street Dance Day (Hertfordshire) will launch with a mass public dance performance at 11.30am which will be held simultaneously in St Albans, Watford, and Waltham Cross.
Let’s Dance is a brand new dance and music accompaniment created for Big Dance. Groups of friends, families or work colleagues are encouraged to learn about it from the website www.dancedigital.org.uk then get together to to join a public flashmob style performance at the Civic Square in St Albans.
Following on from the flashmob, local dance groups including St Albans Morris, Peace Train line dancers and Top Hat Stage School will show their moves in a showcase of dance work.
Jo Askham, Arts Development Manager for St Albans Arts team SAASH which is putting on Let’s Dance with DanceDigital, said: “We are inviting groups from local businesses, gyms and dance schools to take part – there’s a real buzz about the event and we are delighted to be involved again.”
For further information contact email@example.com or telephone 01727 827667.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival