Street dance comes to St Albans
A MASS public dance performance will be held in St Albans next Saturday, July 14, when the city joins Let’s Dance.
Big Street Dance Day (Hertfordshire) will launch with a mass public dance performance at 11.30am which will be held simultaneously in St Albans, Watford, and Waltham Cross.
Let’s Dance is a brand new dance and music accompaniment created for Big Dance. Groups of friends, families or work colleagues are encouraged to learn about it from the website www.dancedigital.org.uk then get together to to join a public flashmob style performance at the Civic Square in St Albans.
Following on from the flashmob, local dance groups including St Albans Morris, Peace Train line dancers and Top Hat Stage School will show their moves in a showcase of dance work.
Jo Askham, Arts Development Manager for St Albans Arts team SAASH which is putting on Let’s Dance with DanceDigital, said: “We are inviting groups from local businesses, gyms and dance schools to take part – there’s a real buzz about the event and we are delighted to be involved again.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact email@example.com or telephone 01727 827667.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book