Steve Melling Trio with Nigel Hitchcock at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
BACK at the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday (7) is the Steve Melling Trio joined by Nigel Hitchcock.
Steve has a formidable background, performing with heavyweights like Elvin Jones, Peter King, Alan Skidmore, Phil Woods, Benny Golson and he recently became a member of the European Jazz Ensemble.
After leaving school at 16 and already a seasoned professional, Nigel Hitchcock walked straight into the London session scene, recording TV jingles, movie soundtracks and pop solos as he still does today.
In 1989, Nigel joined the contemporary saxophone quartet Itchy Fingers and toured Europe and South-East Asia with them.
In 2004 he moved to the Isle of Skye and was soon travelling across Scotland, playing with bagpipes and fiddles in a rock context and other highland bands.
You may also want to watch:
Since arriving back in the south in late 2011 Nigel has performed on The Voice with the winner Leanne Mitchell, toured with George Michael, recorded and gigged with Mark Knopfler, and recorded a classical alto sax concerto for Brian Byrne’s Tales From The Walled City.
Ticketsfor the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, are £5 for students and under-21s, £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works