Steve Melling at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Versatile pianist Steve Melling is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
During the 1990s he worked and recorded with Claire Martin, Alan Skidmore and Peter King and played regularly at Ronnie Scott’s.
In the UK he has played with most major jazz musicians, including concerts where he and Stan Tracey played two pianos. He has also performed with many American jazz musicians including concerts with Jazz Machine, a band led by the legendary drummer Elvin Jones.
In 2000 Steve joined The New Couriers and can currently be heard with the Peter King Quartet, his own trio and quartet, and with Special Septet.
In 2012 he was invited to join the European Jazz Ensemble, a band which has featured many outstanding musicians from all over Europe since its inception in 1976.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans