Steve Melling at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Versatile pianist Steve Melling is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
During the 1990s he worked and recorded with Claire Martin, Alan Skidmore and Peter King and played regularly at Ronnie Scott’s.
In the UK he has played with most major jazz musicians, including concerts where he and Stan Tracey played two pianos. He has also performed with many American jazz musicians including concerts with Jazz Machine, a band led by the legendary drummer Elvin Jones.
In 2000 Steve joined The New Couriers and can currently be heard with the Peter King Quartet, his own trio and quartet, and with Special Septet.
In 2012 he was invited to join the European Jazz Ensemble, a band which has featured many outstanding musicians from all over Europe since its inception in 1976.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor