Steeleye Span at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span return to the Alban Arena next week.
Celebrating 45 years, with a new live show. Maddy Prior – the voice of the band – leads a line-up featuring faces old and new when they appear at the St Albans theatre at 7.30pm next Tuesday, October 21.
Having recently collaborated with Sir Terry Pratchett on a record based on his Wintersmith novel, their 2014 shows will see them perform new gems alongside classics.
Steeleye Span formed in 1969 and have recorded 21 studio albums to date.
With the departure of fiddle player and long standing member Peter Knight, the band is joined by Jessie May Smart, whose CV includes working on The X Factor and with Katie Melua.
Tickets are £21 and £19.50, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
Music continues when award-winning folk trio Show Of Hands appear at the Arena at 7.30pm next Thursday, October 23.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Celebrating a 22-year partnership, Steve Knightley and Phil Beer have sold out the Royal Albert Hall four times, headlined major festivals from Glastonbury to WOMAD, played all over the world, and are triple winners at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Award. They are joined by Miranda Sykes on double bass
Show of Hands play a genre defying mix of rock, roots, blues, country and traditional, often influenced by the music of other countries.
Tickets are £19.
Fascinating Aida are back at The Alban Arena at 7.30pm next Friday. October 24.
Following a sold out 2013 tour, three Olivier Award nominations and over 10 million YouTube hits for Cheap Flights, their infamous anthem to budget air travel, Dillie Keane, Adele Anderson and Liza Pulman are celebrating over 30 years of Fascinating Aida with their new show Charm Offensive.
Get on top of your Christmas shopping early this year, with The Earlybird Christmas Craft & Food Fair on Sunday October 26 at 11am, featuring more than 50 stalls, face painting, fun activities, live music and a chance to meet Santa!