Steeleye Span at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span return to the Alban Arena next week.
Celebrating 45 years, with a new live show. Maddy Prior – the voice of the band – leads a line-up featuring faces old and new when they appear at the St Albans theatre at 7.30pm next Tuesday, October 21.
Having recently collaborated with Sir Terry Pratchett on a record based on his Wintersmith novel, their 2014 shows will see them perform new gems alongside classics.
Steeleye Span formed in 1969 and have recorded 21 studio albums to date.
With the departure of fiddle player and long standing member Peter Knight, the band is joined by Jessie May Smart, whose CV includes working on The X Factor and with Katie Melua.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £21 and £19.50, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
Music continues when award-winning folk trio Show Of Hands appear at the Arena at 7.30pm next Thursday, October 23.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
Celebrating a 22-year partnership, Steve Knightley and Phil Beer have sold out the Royal Albert Hall four times, headlined major festivals from Glastonbury to WOMAD, played all over the world, and are triple winners at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Award. They are joined by Miranda Sykes on double bass
Show of Hands play a genre defying mix of rock, roots, blues, country and traditional, often influenced by the music of other countries.
Tickets are £19.
Fascinating Aida are back at The Alban Arena at 7.30pm next Friday. October 24.
Following a sold out 2013 tour, three Olivier Award nominations and over 10 million YouTube hits for Cheap Flights, their infamous anthem to budget air travel, Dillie Keane, Adele Anderson and Liza Pulman are celebrating over 30 years of Fascinating Aida with their new show Charm Offensive.
Get on top of your Christmas shopping early this year, with The Earlybird Christmas Craft & Food Fair on Sunday October 26 at 11am, featuring more than 50 stalls, face painting, fun activities, live music and a chance to meet Santa!